Hobby Master 1:72 Air Power Series HD1009
WWII, Marsden Matting
PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned arrival date of July 2017 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
- Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
- Arrival dates are subject to change. Consider them to be estimates as manufacturers frequently revise them.
- Credit Cards are not billed until time of shipment. Check or PayPal payment (not recommended) is required at time of order.
11" x 8.5" Pierced Steel Planking (PSP) or "Marsden Matting" section for displaying 1:72 Scale WWII Aircraft.
Marsden Matting was extensively used during World War II by Seabees (Construction Battalions) and other front line construction personnel to build runways and other readily usable surfaces over all kinds of terrain in the Pacific Theater of Operations. It consisted of steel strips with holes punched through it in rows and a formation of U-shaped channels between the holes. Hooks were formed along one long edge and slots along the other long edge so that they could be connected to each other. The short edges were straight cut with no holes or hooks. To achieve lengthwise interlocking, the mats were laid in a staggered pattern.
The Hobby Master "1:72 Air Power Series" range presents detailed, ready-made diecast models of military aircraft.
Hobby Master "1:72 Air Power Series" diecast airplanes feature:
- Diecast metal construction with some plastic components.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels and surface details.
- Pad printed markings and placards that won't fade or peel like decals.
- Opening canopies, revealing detailed cockpit interiors.
- Interchangeable extended/retracted landing gear.
- Presentation stand to display the aircraft "in flight".
- Authentic detachable ordnance loads complete with placards.
- Accurately detailed underside with concealed screwheads.
© Copyright 2003-2017 The Flying Mule, Inc.