Hobby Master 1:72 Air Power Series HW1005
4-Piece AIM-9L Sidewinder Missile Set
PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned arrival date of February 2020 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
- Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
- Arrival dates are subject to change. Consider them to be estimates as manufacturers frequently revise them.
- Credit Cards are not billed until time of shipment. Check or PayPal payment (not recommended) is required at time of order.
Optional accessory for 1:72 Military Aircraft models.
Bring your 1:72 Military Aircraft to life with this detailed accessory. The AIM-9 Sidewinder is a short-range air-to-air missile which entered service with the US Navy in 1956 and subsequently was adopted by the US Air Force in 1964. The AIM-9L variant was in full production in 1977. This was the first "all-aspect" Sidewinder with the ability to attack from all directions, including head-on, which had a dramatic effect on close-in combat tactics. Its first combat use was by a pair of US Navy F-14s in the Gulf of Sidra in 1981 versus two Libyan Su-22 Fighters, both of the latter being destroyed by AIM-9Ls. Its first use in a large-scale conflict was by the United Kingdom during the 1982 Falklands War. In this campaign the "Lima" reportedly achieved kills from 80% of launches, a dramatic improvement over the 10-15% levels of earlier versions, scoring 17 kills and 2 shared kills against Argentine aircraft.
Please note: This item is an accessory and does not include the aircraft model itself.
The Hobby Master "1:72 Air Power Series" range presents detailed, ready-made diecast models of military aircraft.
Hobby Master "1:72 Air Power Series" diecast airplanes feature:
- Diecast metal construction with some plastic components.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels and surface details.
- Pad printed markings and placards that won't fade or peel like decals.
- Opening canopies, revealing detailed cockpit interiors.
- Interchangeable extended/retracted landing gear.
- Presentation stand to display the aircraft "in flight".
- Authentic detachable ordnance loads complete with placards.
- Accurately detailed underside with concealed screwheads.
© Copyright 2003-2020 The Flying Mule, Inc.